Tuesday, October 25, 2005

You FOUND us...

Tom and Lois here...we leave on November 3rd for a loooong airplane ride to Ukraine where we plan on adopting our two children. We have been "in the process" of adopting for over 16 months - it has been one long paper pregnancy.

For those of you who don't know, we have NO idea what age or sex our children will be. Well...we have some idea - we know we won't be adopting teenagers! But they could be anywhere from 2 to 9 or 10 years old. We know we want two and we know that they will be siblings. Other than that, you're guess is as good as ours.

We have 2 girl names and 2 boy names already selected (yes, they will have their names officially changed). If we have girls, the first one will be named Anna Elizabeth (after Tom's late mother). If we have another girl, she will be named Madison Elise. If we get a boy, the first will be Tyler Jacob and the second will be Zachary (we don't have a middle name yet...it took us almost 6 months just to come up with a second name!)

The adoption process has been long, hard and expensive! We HOPE that we are getting to the fun part. We know it will be difficult to be parents. That isn't news for anyone who IS a parent. We know there will be tough times and times we will want to scream (again...pretty normal scenario for parents). We know our lives will change tremendously and we know that we are going to LOVE being a mom and dad to two wonderful kids. The first six months will be difficult (we have learned this through the adoption board we are on). Our kids will go through major changes (imagine being them and going from very little to the Land of Excess!) and WE will go through major changes (we have been married for 14 years - we are used to doing our own thing!) We also know beyond anything that we go through - we will rejoice in the gift of two little hearts to love. We will have our family. LET THE FUN BEGIN!

You won't find much updated on here until after November 4th (unless we go absolutely crazy packing and start blogging about it!) We will update as often as we can - there is no way of knowing what region in Ukraine we will be in and if they have internet abilities - but...we will update as often as possible!

Keep praying for us! We hope it is a smooth ride, but it will be a wild ride, regardless!

See you in December (or with some heavy prayers...perhaps late November!)

Tom and Lois

18 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger Falling for Ty and Zach said...

We will be posting as often as we have internet access (and the only place for sure thsat has that is Kiev and other major cities). We were hoping to travel in May...got our appointment in June to travel in November. If you ahve anything expiring...update it! We know of people who submitted their dossiers the same time we did - and found out 2 weeks ago that they travel in November - about 2 weeks after us. They got very little notice! We got 6 months!

 
At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck Lois and Tom. Have a safe trip. I love the names you picked out. My nephews name is Zachary. His middle name is Marshall. (Just in case you wondered.) Try to catch you on AOL, but I seldom load it anymore. Deanna Fraizer

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think if you name a kid Zachary he will definitley get teased at school. If not teased at school he will be by one of his relatives. The joke goes like this... I know why they named you Zachary becasue your face looks like egg Zachary like my ______ fill in the blank.

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Falling for Ty and Zach said...

Yeah, well, my sister was Fran, Fran the frying pan and Tom's sister was Patti Fanelli with the cardboard belly...if a kid wants to tease you...they will - regardless of your name!

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the names....especially that Jacob one. I am just so excited and happy for you. You are going to be the best parents ever.
You are and will be in our prayers! I was "Anita the mosquita"
or there was always ...."INEEDA dolar" I survived.

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you taking a digital camera?? Cuz I'd love to post pics as soon as I get them. Plus I'd love to see what Ukraine looks like since I'll never leave my little midwestern hovel. I already miss you. :( You know I've always prayed for you.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Falling for Ty and Zach said...

Yes, we are taking a digital (and many cards)and a video camera so you will have to come up and be subjected to the modern day equivelant of a slide show when we get home!

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait for you guys to get back and meet the new fam! Take lots of pictures. What a good idea for you to have a blog. I wish I had energy or time to blog ;) Have a great trip, and see ya soon!
Love,
Jen

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom and Lois!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! I'll be watching your blog daily for all your updates. You two have waited, and waited, and waited, and WAITED for your kiddos, and I'm so looking forward to seeing the little faces that will soon be the joy of your lives.

Best wishes, with all my heart,

Shelly Fisher

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy that you have arrived! Jake will like it that you were in Amsterdam. He will be jealous! Can't wait for pictures of those precious children.
Anita

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger USMC Crew said...

Lo and T - have sent the "link" via linkages... to Mom - don't know that she'll know how to leave a comment, but I'm sure you'll get an email from her- or I'll have her email me her thoughts and post on here. Love you both... looking forward to picking all 4 of you up at the airport - Fran

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm . . . guess I'm glad my parents chose Annmarie; what the heck can you do with Annmarie? Guess I was lucky ;0)

Love you Tom & Lois and you are in my prayers!!

Prov 19:21 Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's pupose that prevails.

Annmarie

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tom and Lois,
I just wanted you to know how much you are loved and prayed for. You are not alone in these times. I love your writings and look forward to reading them daily. Your words read like they are a love story between you, God and your soon to be family. The two of you are amazing people - I just know God will bless you. I can't wait to see you and your family.

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to put my name on the last time I wrote. See if you can figure it out from this....
You can't spell Vicki with out "icki" and you can't spell Todd with out "odd"

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures guys.. Glad you are having a good time. I am freezing here in Ohio, but not with such interesting things to look at!!! Take care and God bless you Deanna Fraizer

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you told me to read your blog and I did. I have to tell you I about fell down laughing. I am tempted to copy and paste it here, but I will refrain for the moment.Deanna Fraizer

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Joyce, Fran's (hhmm, sister-in-law once removed? I'm one of the aunts of Fran's three oldest kids). Anyway, have been following the news of your boys and praying right along with everyone else. They are "beautiful" boys as you said and I am so happy things are working out. Can't wait to see pictures of them when you get the HOME. PS: I for one would like to know about those hinges!

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tom and Lois, I am also one of the aunts to Fran's older kids. I'm Theresa, and I have been telling Fran how much I have enjoyed reading about your journey to becoming parents! The boys are beautiful of course. I have really missed your posting on the blog since you have been back in the US. I can certainly understand though.I guess since you are both back to work, and the boys have started school, you are settling into the real life of familyhood!I continue to look forward to your blog, and finding out the rest of the adventure! You have had so much support, love, and prayers thru all of this, and I know that was a huge blessing to you. Love Theresa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home