Sunday, November 13, 2005

Church and old friends.

We went to church (takes about an hour on the marshutka) and the lesson was on Ephesians 10:3-18 - the Full Armor of God. It was quite enjoyable (and it was interpreted in to English for us!). We had some time of fellowship and some tea and coffee and then we headed off to Sasha & Ira Bulatsev's house. They are the parents of our friend Kirill who lived with us for about 10 months back in 1995. It was great to see them and they had a surprise for us. When were here in 94, we were very close to a brother and sister Andre and Julia - Andre was 16 and Julia was 14. We found out yesterday for the other Julia that Andre married Toma (who was also in our youth group) but she didn't know where his sister Julia was. Well, we found her at Sasha and Ira's. I had forgotten that they were related. It was SO good to see them all. Julia is now 25. Wow.

We are getting to be real pro's at riding the Metro's now - just like old times. When we got back to the stop we are staying at, we decided to stop at McDonald's. Their menu is amusing - McEverything, of course. There is a flat bread here called lavosh - it is kind of like Boboli crust. Well they have McLavosh. And a few other menu items NOT normally found at McD's. Like fried cheese and big thick french fries. We hope to take our kids there before we leave as a bit of a common ground - McD's in Ukraine and McD's in the US. They even have Happy Meals (they are doing Chicken Little here, Art - what are they doing there?) Anyway, we took the placemat to bring home and I took some pictures, just because...that is what I DO!

Tomorrow Kostya takes our letter to the AC to beg for another appointment. Pray that the people at the AC grow a heart and decide they want to give us another chance and...a good referral while they are at it!

7 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom and Lois,

Still praying for you both and sending you lots of love and hugs from Patti, Geoff and Kristina :~)

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I am not Art, but yes Chicken Little is the toy of choice at McD's. We have 3 of them after lunch today! Love you and miss you
We're still praying.

Chel

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom & Lois,

We, too, are still praying!
I updated all of the kids this morning - and they too are praying for all of you!

"I know the plans I have for you..."

Take care, God bless and love ya!
The Osborne family

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today in the service, one of the songs especially made me think of you two.... its Hungry.

The lines are
Broken, I run to you for your arms are open wide.
I am weary, but I know your touch restores my life.
And so I wait for you, So I wait for you...

and the chorus
I'm falling on my knees, Offering all of me,
Jesus you're all this heart is living for....

We are praying...

Love you, Fran
PS - sounds like today was a wonderful calming experience...

 
At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom & Lois ~

Chel updated us this morning and we are hopeful that as you read this you will already have been granted another appointment. We will continue to pray.

Yours in Christ~ Tim, Amy, Max & Sarah

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom & Lois,
We are saying lots & lots of extra prayers for you, that you will be granted another appointment, that you will be able to see some more children & that God will lead you to the ones He has just for you--and grant you your heart's desire to have your own children to love & care for. We know that all things are possible with God & that He is able to do more than we can even imagine (Eph. 3:20). So glad you had a good day at church--sounds like the scripture was a good one for encouragement. :) God sure is good at doing that, isn't He? Praying God will strengthen your armor so you can stand strong against Satan's attacks--he has certainly been working overtime to discourage you.

Here's some more verses I hope help encourage you for tomorrow, and the days ahead. Keep trusting in God! You are precious to God & also to us!

With our love & prayers,
Gloria & Dan

"I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind & heart! And the peace I give isn't fragile like the peace the world gives. So don't be troubled or afraid."
John 14:27

"The Lord will go ahead of you, and He, the God of Israel will protect you form behind."
Isaiah 52:12

"Your godliness will lead you forward, & goodness will be a shield before you, and the glory of the Lord will protect you from behind." Isaiah 58:8

"I will never, never fail you or forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

"May the Lord bless and protect you; may the Lord's face radiate with joy because of you; may He be gracious to you, show you His favor, and give you His peace."
Numbers 6:24-26

"Let me see your kindness in the morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for my prayer is sincere." Psalm 143:8

"He will make the darkness bright before them and smooth and straighten out the road ahead."
Isaiah 42:16
"Out of His glorious, unlimited resources He will give you the mighty inner strengthening of His Holy Spirit." Ephesians 3:16

"I have told you all this so that you will have peace of heart and mind." John 16:33

 
At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is 7:00 am Monday as I type this, I woke up praying for you guys and will continue through this day. So many prayers going out for you guys.
Anita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home