Thursday, November 17, 2005

Reality and Perspective SMASH in to each other once again...

It is 5 a.m. in Illinois. You are all sleeping (I would hope!). It is 1 p.m. here and the day has not been uneventful.

Randy and Janis have an interpreter named Ira and Ira's father has been ill with kidney cancer for quite some time. Last Sunday, we knew he was in the hospital. Randy called to talk to Ira last night and found that they had sent him home to die. This morning, Randy and Janis packed up some food and went to see Ira and her family. They arrived a few minutes after her father had passed away. Ira's father was not a Christian - he had his own way and his own opinion. He wasn't interested in his daughter's "religion."

So...while we are enduring what seems like an eternity of not knowing what is going on in OUR lives, Ira has to deal with the fact that her father has died without Christ. I thank GOD and praise Him that I do not have to worry about my parents and their eternal destination. What a difficult thing that would be to have to go through. Pray for Ira and for her mother (who is also not Christian). Ira IS Christian and she will make it through this - but it will be a rough road for a while.

Vasya called and kind of updated us with a more English version of what Kostya told us yesterday. Apparently the AC director..has LEFT the building. She is (as Vasya put it) "on leave" or "taking a Holiday" or "is abroad." Take your choice - she isn't here and she isn't taking appointments! He also told us that Kostya has another family that took a referral - they were looking for a girl under 5 and took a referral for a boy aged 10. I thought we were pretty broad with our requests. We wanted boys or girls from 2 to 8...we MAY end up coming home with a teenager!!! (oh, please, gimme a few years before the hormones hit!!!). I am not sure why Vasya informed me of this - perhaps to get it in our heads that we have to think even broader than we have been.

Eeeh. I just wish it were all clearer. I want what God wants for us...I just don't have any idea what that is. And you may thing "Oh you will KNOW it when you see them..." but it isn't coming through to us that way. It isn't nice and clean. With Vanya and Dima it was kind of a sick acknowledgement that these weren't our kids. I just don't know.

But...I DO know where my hope comes from - even if I am not feeling very hopeful... I know who is in control. I know it isn't me. Thank God for that. And I know it isn't the director of the AC. And I thank God for that, too.

And as they say here - "Vissyo." or "That's all"

7 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning (or afternoon for you)!

Know that we will be praying for Ira and her mother, and that Ira's faith will give them peace, and that through such a sad event, that her mother would see how much she needs Christ as her Savior.

We will continue to pray for the two of you as well...We only wish that we could be there to give you a great big hug - but you know me, there is no way I could survive on the foods there that have been sitting out at the market - ugh...

This morning before the boys left for school, Cole asked if I would share a verse with you, and when I asked him which one, he said that God had been telling him in his heart as he prays for you to remember Philippians 4:13. I just grinned as tears welled in my eyes, he looked at me strange (okay stranger than normal) and I told him that God had placed the same verse on my heart yesterday and that I had shared it with you then. He too smiled and asked me to remind you...so
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Know that God will give you the strength you need to play this "wait game".

We love you, God bless, and take care of each other!
Love,
The Osborne family

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray every night that you know when you find the kid(s)for you, and that you get them home with no more problems (except, of course, all that parenting stuff).


Love You!

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thimking of you both and Ira. What a hard thing for her! We will add her to our list for prayers! Love you dears! Mom and Dad

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just got all caught up! You are two very strong people. You will always know that you have lots of family and friends thinking about you. It is so nice that you have access while you are there, and are keeping us updated! I will check everyday and can't wait to get the note that says we are comming home with our family :)
love ya and thinkin of you
Jen, Josh, Keenan (Duke and Brother too)

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking..if teens are coming home with you we'll have to do some revamping in their rooms so they will feel at home, not in kiddy land. But we don't know yet. I hope too you can start out younger, teaching from an early age, but you both have much to give to any child....let's hope the lady gets back in a good mood and gets back soon!!

love you, marg

 
At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - Well I thought I posted from work yesterday, but it appears it didn't appear.... HOpefully, you two will get them before the hormone stages... but speaking as a Mom who started out with 9 and 7 year old daughters and a 4 year old son... coming as one "neat" package... kids are kids.. (though teens are another species!! and I CAN say that as I have lived through 3 through the teens... ventured into gaining 2 more as teens, and have one teen girl in processing now.. and a youngest son who enters the realm soon!) Trust in Him... He knows.. the rest of us just 2nd guess!

Love you, Fran

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that you will be great parents to kids of any age. I also wanted to tell you that we enjoyed the NAPA picture. Steve would tell you that their are days when this NAPA looks about like that. I am still so thankful for the amount of dear friends that you have there with you.
Still praying,
Anita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home