Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Okay...I PROMISE...

I WILL update and fill you in on the wonderful world of parenthood post Ukraine...and soon... But I JUST got my computer out of the backpack this Saturday - honest! Yeah, we are a bit busier than we thought humanly possible!

But QUICK update - Tom started back to work December 30th. The boys started school on January 2nd and I returned to work January 4th. We unpacked the last of our suitcases this past Saturday.

How are the boys? Better than I would be if I were them. They like school, they have an interpreter for all but 2 classes, our youngest already has a GIRLFRIEND (He is 8!!!! Gimme a break!!!). We are getting to know their personalities more each day (and our instincts were correct from the beginning SO FAR).

How are WE? I still feel like I am babysitting - it still doesn't seem real to me. Can't imagine life without them but it still doesn't feel like they are mine forever, either. They don't sleep long enough. Okay, they sleep like 10 and a half hours...but I wish they would sleep like 12 hours on Saturday - and they DON'T...EVER! As much Russian as we CAN speak...I wish we could speak more. We love them and best of all - THEY LOVE US! They are excited to see us when we get home (OK - they want me to fix or get them something when I get home...but when DAD gets home, they are excited!!!).

In a nutshell, I think we boarded the longest, wildest, craziest roller-coaster ride EVER about 2 months ago and I don't know if this ride will ever end (but I have a sneaky feeling it won't!)

I have a ton of pictures and NO time...I know all of you long-time parents are out there LAUGHING at me!

I WILL update again...with fascinating things I have learned from my boys...NEXT WEEK!

1 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom and Lois:
thanks so much for the update. Sounds like you have a normal family life going there...and you are correct when you say that the ride is no way ready to end. It never does!!! But it is very exciting, fun, scary, challanging and the most rewarding thing you will ever do. So my advice?? Enjoy them. Take each day one at a time and try to remember every moment because it goes so fast. I can hardly believe some days that Jim and Joe are all grown and doing their own lifes. Take pictures of them when they are asleep, you will cherish those later when they are driving you nuts..LOL
thanks for including us in your life and family. I look everyday to see what is going on with your family, it's just the best blessing ever.
take care
Penny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home